Thinking above and beyond is what we do. For more than 85 years, we’ve been reimagining the experience of flight – and where it can take us.
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to certify a commercial helicopter. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we’re defining the future of on-demand mobility.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas – as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., – we have strategic locations around the globe. And with nearly one quarter of our workforce having served, helping our military achieve their missions is a passion of ours.
Above all, our breakthrough innovations deliver exceptional experiences to our customers. Efficiently. Reliably. And always, with safety at the forefront.
At a Glance:
• Founded: July 1935, by Larry Bell
• First helicopter flew in 1942
• Certified the first commercial helicopter in 1946
• First tiltrotor flew in 1955
• Nearly 60% of helicopters produced are Bell
• 98% of all helicopter missions were pioneered in a Bell product
• 8,500+ employee