At the end of your work day do you want to feel that you accomplished something and made a difference in someone’s life? If so Asbury Place Kingsport, the leading senior care provider in the tri-cities area, is searching for a full time, 2nd shift CNA at our Kingsport, Baysmont facility.
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience and minimum of four (4) months nursing assistant experience required.
- Must have completed an approved Nurse Aide training program and must be state certified.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies / personnel and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position, including possible frequent interruptions during the work day.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment necessary for position.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to maintain a rapport with the residents and their families.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must possess the ability to plan and organize nursing care assignments.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical task of lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of bed, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, recliners, Geri chairs and lifts. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly during shift.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to cooperate and work effectively with other nursing unit staff and members of the care plan team.
- Will work in a well-lit and ventilated area.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours.
- The healthcare environment is one that requires 24 hour, 7 day coverage. Therefore working weekends and rotating shifts may be required.