The Inventor Center: Grand OpeningName: The Inventor Center: Grand OpeningDate: March 1, 2019 - March 3, 2019Event Description:The Inventor Center will open its doors soon! Please join us for the Grand Opening, March 1-3.
Please find attached an invite, and below are a few programs/activities for opening weekend. For more information, please go to www.theinventorcenter.com.
Friday – Ribbon Cutting at 10AM
Saturday – Workshops/demos from 10AM – 4PM
Sunday – Open house 1PM – 4PM
YouTube Maker Sensations for Saturday, March 2:
1) Izzy Swan - https://www.youtube.com/user/rusticman1973
2) Johnny Brooke, Crafted - https://www.youtube.com/user/craftedmagazine
3) Fred Sexton , Redneck DIY - https://www.youtube.com/user/blazingnailgun
4) Nathan Elliot, Out of the Woods - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiPGkIebcT4QmEw6P6Lkubw
Other Demos/Classes on Saturday, March 2:
• Meditated drawing with ink
• Laser Cutter Demo
• Pinewood Derby – Kid/Family activity
• 3D modeling and 3D printing
• Leatherwork demo with Viking leather
• Lecture - How I became a self-employed metalworker
• Pottery class
• And more!
The Inventor Center is the result of a public-private partnership led by the City of Kingsport with Engage Kingsport and the ModelCity Makerspace. This partnership has provided an opportunity for The Inventor Center to be a premier maker-space in the city and beyond, through providing artisan spaces for a variety of skills and use of equipment that is very specialized and unique for maker-spaces. Additionally and importantly, this partnership has provided a way for the center to focus on creating opportunities to benefit the larger community through key projects and access to programs, for area employers to aid in recruitment and training, and for inventors and entrepreneurs to access prototyping equipment and more. The aim of the Inventor Center is to provide opportunity for makers, artists, entrepreneurs and the community to enjoy the many classes and tools available for their use as members and attendees.